Friday, August 28, 2009

pillow people

My very good friends have just moved from Long Island, NY to Bainbridge Island, WA. As a going away gift, my friend's sister asked me to make these dolls; one for each of the family members in NY who'll miss them. A sweet reminder of home, as they start a new adventure out west.
The idea came from angry chicken. My little twist-- instead of drawing the bodies, I collaged* little outfits out of fabric bits. It's such a fun project, and is sure to create bouts of laughter!

* not sure if collaged is proper English, but you know what I mean.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get a chance to check out my blog.
    Thank you.
    P.S. i just follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hope you get a chance to check out my last post in memory of my best friend.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete